At this time of year, there is an abundance of fresh zucchini. So, I thought I would share a very easy recipe for zucchini lasagna which I make in the slow cooker.
- 5 or 6 small to medium zucchini
- 1 pound ground turkey or hamburger
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- Brown the turkey or hamburger in a skillet
- Peal the zucchini
- Slice the zucchini into 1″ thick pieces
- Layer zucchini, turkey (or hamburger), cheese and pasta sauce
- Make a second layer of the same
- Optional – If you’d like the lasagna a little less juicy, you could add some bread crumbs in the layers.
- Put in the slow cooker on low for about 6 hours
When I use the slow cooker in the travel trailer, I’ll use a liner for easy cleanup. I buy several of these each fall when Aldi’s offers them as a Special Buy. At home, I am too cheap, so no liner.
That’s it! We enjoyed our zucchini lasagna with a fresh ear of corn and some sliced tomatoes from a local farm. Are you hungry yet?