Here is a tiny twist on a classic casserole dish. The nice part is this dish can be made ahead of time and then just warmed up for an quick and easy dinner.
Now, using cauliflower rice did not work out well when I made hash browns with it. Gee, I wonder how this will turn out. Please don’t think about the title of this post too much as I’m trying to create some suspense here.
Here the list of ingredients:
- Chicken – I used 2 cans of Costco’s Kirkland brand of premium chunk chicken breast. Drain the water off.
- Broccoli – This was a 10.5 ounce bag. I would add a bit more broccoli. Normally, I would use Aldi’s broccoli, but they are remodeling the store right now and were out.
- Cheese – Finely shredded cheddar.
- Cauliflower Rice. This is the twist on the classic dish. I used cauliflower rice instead of traditional rice. I used the whole 12 ounce bag.
- Cream of Mushroom soup. 1 can.
Here are the steps:
- First, put the cream of mushroom soup in a bowl. Add about 1/4 of the can of milk. Mix.
- Cook the broccoli and the cauliflower rice according to directions. Drain off any water.
- Layer the soup mix, cauliflower rice, broccoli, chicken. Top with shredded cheese.
- Make another layer.
Bake about 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Cover with foil, but remove for the last ten minutes or so. Serve. So . . . what’s the vedict?
This recipe turned out great! Like the Costco Cauliflower Crust Pizza, it was delish, and I didn’t notice any difference in taste or texture from the traditional version. I’m encouraged to try other recipes using cauliflower rice. Let me know of any suggestions in the comments below.