Ladies and Gentlemen, it’s now time for another ….drum roll…Dollhouse Update! Here’s what’s been accomplished since my last post.
- The bedroom and library have had flooring and trim installed. The flooring mimics grey hardward and the grain goes in the same direction as the rest of the flooring. I had picked another grey tile, but when I saw this one with a “wood grain” finish, I decided to purchase this.
- In the library, the staircase to the attic and bathroom has been installed.
- Door knobs in the bedroom and library have been installed. The door knobs were made from pieces of costume jewelry that I hadn’t worn in years.
- The kitchen/dining room has had the flooring and all wallpaper removed.
- The wood floor has been sanded and stained.
Below is a close-up of the bedroom and the library.
Below is the attic area. You can see where I laid an extra tread which will be stained later.
Next, I plan to tackle what I am calling “the Grand Staircase.” The main floor staircase needs spindles as can be seen in the feature picture above. The second floor of the staircase need some spindles replaced, too. While I am doing working on these delicate details, I will be pondering the kitchen/dining room design. Let me know of any suggestions in the comments below. Since it is camping season, it will likely be months before any additional progress is made.
And just for fun, here’s a before and a repeat of the feature picture.